Sunday, September 19, 2010

Really Wall Street 2? Really?

I haven't had cable most of my life. In fact, I only just got it in the place I'm living about oh...2-3 weeks ago, and I still don't watch much outside of The Daily Show, so I'm probably behind on this, but my point is valid. I remember, about a month ago asking a close friend of mine what music could possible be more trite and predictable to use in a trailer for Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Hereafter referred to as Wall Street 2) than Sympathy for the Devil. He responded, with his usual wisdom with Lux Aeterna.

Well...

Seriously, when I first heard about it, I was unhappy and nothing I've seen since has done anything but make it worse. I don't think Oliver Stone is some great amazing filmmaker, he's an intellectual auteur in an age of the medium when both are frowned upon and he usually puts out solid product. But come on Oliver, I've seen JFK. I've seen W. and Platoon and The Doors. Hell I've seen the original Wall Street. I KNOW you're better than this.

(And because I know I'm going to catch hell if I don't say it: Yes I've seen Natural Born Killers but A) All the movies I've mentioned are similar, in some way, to Wall Street and B) I think it's overrated. Not bad, quite good in fact, but overrated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment