Saturday, September 18, 2010

Support Stewart

2 things that struck me when writing up this post (okay, 3 if you count the thought that I really should be doing my homework but let's not). Firstly, that while when I started this blog, I promised myself it wouldn't be political, that was, how shall I say, a filthy lie. This blog is, in the end, about me and politics are completely intertwined with my day-to-day life. Not screaming at the top of my lungs political rallies politics, but thinking about politics and politicians. And watching Daily Show.

The second thing that struck me is that odds are, there is no one reading this blog. Seriously, I might as well be in my bedroom rambling to myself.

But if there is anyone reading this, I would like you to check this out:

Rally to Restore Sanity

It's headed by the Daily Show's Jon Stewart, it will be taking place on the National Mall on October 30th. It's exactly what it says on the tin, a heartfelt request that we all calm down a little bit. Left, right, middle, I don't care, even if you can't attend you should SUPPORT it. The rhetoric has gotten WAY out of control these last couple years, on both sides of the aisle so any attempt to calm us down is deeply appreciated.

Even if it is from a TV Comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment