Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A revelation

Yes, yes, yes, most of what I've been posting, aside from the reviews, has not been legit content. I'm working on something for that, check back tomorrow.

Anyway, during my viewing on the Owl movie, there was a trailer for the new Harry Potter movie. It was at the tail end of a series of some just plain awful looking things, so I didn't think too much about it.

But thinking about it later, there was something akin to a revelation to me, which might affect my enjoyment. For context, while they're not my favorite books in the world and I'm well aware that they're not the MOST original or best written, I do love the Harry Potter books to pieces and have read most of them to near-memorization.

Anywho, the revelation was thus: The final Harry Potter film looks like a forgettable, if thoroughly exciting, fantasy film based around modern day wizards with no connection to the books except a barebones outline and some character names.

If I look at it that way, it doesn't look so awful anymore. Maybe I could enjoy it, if not care too much about it (since I know I'll be seeing it). I'll go watch the 6th one, see if this revelation helps it any.

Not putting on those "it's unrelated" glasses for Narnia though.

No comments:

Post a Comment