Monday, November 29, 2010

And Irvin Kershner

This is why I didn't want to start a blog last year. Reporting on celebrity deaths would have gotten old.

Irvin Kershner, a WWII survivor and director died this morning. After directing a series of mostly mediocre movies that no one remembers, he directed a very good movie based on a John Capenter script called Eyes of Laura Mars. This caught the eye of George Lucas who pulled him to direct a movie you might have heard of called The Empire Strikes Back. He never really topped that, only directing a mediocre Bond film and a Robocop sequel.

Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie (you're shocked, I know) and Star Wars is still second only to Lord of the Rings in my pantheon of favorite movies. So I'll be watching Empire tonight, as a tribute. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment