Sunday, November 28, 2010

RIP Leslie Nielsan

Those of you like oldish comedy will be sad to hear that Leslie Nielsan is dead at 84. I dislike tributes, partially cause the descend into pseudo-spirtualism (of which I am not a fan) and because, I didn't know Mr. Nielsan. He was not a huge influence on me, nor someone who was a big hero of mine.

He was however, a rather exceptional comedy actor, known primarily for his starmaking turn in the justifiable classic Airplane! and the fantastic lead role in The Naked Gun (as well as a role in The Posiden Adventure), given to amazing comedic timing and the exceptional ability to deliver absurdist dialogue completely straightfaced. One of his lines from Airplane is considered one of the most well known quotes from any movie, and rightly so. Overall, even though he didn't mean a whole lot to me, the world is poorer for his passing. I suppose the title says it all. Rest in Peace Shir  Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment