Monday, January 3, 2011

RIP Pete Postlethwaite

Pete Postlethwaite Dead at 64

Yes, yes I don't do these very often, but I feel like I should for him. Sure, we all know him from Inception The Usual Suspects but for my money (and clearly, the Academy's), his best performance was in In the Name of the Father as...well the father. In the Name of the Father is an exceptional movie that got kinda buried, because the year it came out was the same year that Schindler's List and The Fugitive came out. But it was a great movie, devoted to the true story of the Guildford 4, 4 people wrongly imprisoned for the Guildford pub bombing. Given my Irish heritage (I've rather a lot of it) it's a movie that really speaks to me. If you feel the inclination, you should definitely give it a look.

Rest In Peace Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment