Thursday, February 17, 2011

Official Oscar pics

I figured I should do this formally, just to have it up here, for all of you who want to bet or whatever. The format is, who I think will win (with 2 picked for best picture cuz of the 10 nominees category), followed by the upset and finally who I would pick, limited naturally, to who's nominated. Note that new information might contradict my earlier opinions, but this is official We good? Alright off we go.

(And I'm STILL skipping the short films)



Best Picture:
Frontrunners: The King's Speech or The Social Network
Upset: True Grit
My pick: Black Swan

Best Director:
Frontrunner: David Fincher for The Social Network
Upset: Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan
My pick: Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan

Best Actor:
Frontrunner: Colin Firth for The King's Speech
Upset: James Franco for 127 Hours
My pick: James Franco for 127 Hours

Best Actress:
Frontrunner: Natalie Portman for Black Swan
Upset: Annette Bening for The Kids Are All Right
My pick: Natalie Portman for Black Swan

Best Supporting Actor:
Frontrunner: Christian Bale for The Fighter
Upset: Geoffrey Rush for The King's Speech
My pick: John Hawkes for Winter's Bone

Best Supporting Actress:
Frontrunner: Hailee Steinfeld for True Grit
Upset: Melissa Leo for The Fighter
My pick: Hailee Steinfeld for True Grit

Best Original Screenplay:
Frontrunner: The Kids Are All Right
Upset: The King's Speech
My pick: The Kids Are All Right

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Frontrunner: The Social Network
Upset: Winter's Bone
My pick: True Grit

Best Animated Film:
Frontrunner: Toy Story 3
Upset: The Illusionist
My pick: The Illusionist

Best Foreign Film:
Frontrunner: Biutiful
Upset: Dogtooth
My pick: Dogtooth

Best Documentary:
Frontrunner: Inside Job
Upset: Exit Through the Gift Shop
My pick: Inside Job

Best Original Score:
Frontrunner: Inception
Upset: 127 Hours
My pick: Inception

Best Original Song:
Frontrunner: We Belong Together from Toy Story 3
Upset: If I Rise from 127 Hours
My pick: None (I can't remember any of those songs)

Best Art Direction:
Frontrunner: Inception
Upset: Alice in Wonderland
My pick: Inception

Best Cinematography:
Frontrunner: Inception
Upset: True Grit
My pick: I cannot choose between Black Swan and True Grit

Best Makeup:
Frontrunner: The Wolfman
Upset: Barney's Version
My pick: The Wolfman

Best Costume Design:
Frontrunner: Alice in Wonderland
Upset: True Grit
My pick: True Grit

Best Film Editing:
Frontrunner: The Social Network
Upset: 127 Hours
My pick: 127 Hours (just barely edging out Black Swan for the 'radio sequence'. If you've seen it, you know what I mean).

Best Visual Effects:
Frontrunner: Inception
Upset: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
My pick: Inception

No comments:

Post a Comment