Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More About Me


Well I'm going to see Pirates 4 this weekend, which I remain fairly nervous about. But hey, Johnny Depp is in it, so it can't possibly be as bad as Sucker Punch or Battle: LA. Anywho, I have a big announcement coming soon, but until then to apologize for the relative lack of content, and since I want to avoid doing another fucking Missed Movies, I figured I'd let all of you know a little more about me, your...well humble is the wrong word, but you get the idea, host. Oh and for context, I tend to list trilogies as 1 movie/book, to save space on such things.
Answers to some fairly basic questions below the cut:




First name: James

Last name: *WITHHELD*

Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska

Current location: Connecticut

Top 5 Favorite Movies: Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Fargo

Top 5 Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, American Gods and Dune.

Top 5 Favorite TV shows: Battlestar Galactica (2004 version), Firefly, The X-Files, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Futurama

Top 5 Favorite Musicians: Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Barenaked Ladies, U2 and Tegan & Sara

Top 5 Favorite Graphic Novels: The Sandman, Watchmen, Y: The Last Man, V for Vendetta and Sin City

Role Models: Stanley Kubrick, The Coen Brothers, Neil Gaiman, Hunter Thompson, John Lennon

Career Goal: Writer/director

Hobbies: Warhammer

Astrological sign: Does anyone even really give a shit?

Religion: None

Explanation behind blog name: Well, when I was just doing user reviews at the Escapist, my screen name was Elesar, IE Elessar (Aragorn's Elvish name) misspelled. So when I jokingly came up with a name for my 'production company' I called it Arenor Productions, because Arnor is the proper spelling, but since my SN was misspelled...yeah it was weak attempt at a joke. When I moved it to a blog, I remembered to misspell Arenor, but I reflexively named myself Elessar, and so I'm stuck with it.

Goal of this blog: No frakking clue. Mostly to collect my thoughts on film and get them out into the world. If I get a little better known thanks to it (unlikely) well that'd be nice.

That's it. Hope it was informative. Or at least not too boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment