Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best Everything of 2011

As I continually make slow, but steady steps, to acting something like a real critic (didja see my review of Carnage? Not one use of fuck and aw dammit, there I lost it). Anyway, something I've learned that real critics do is in addition to the their top 10 movies of the year, they also announce the best of certain categories (they might have help with that from other critics, but fuck that, I still run this place alone and there I lost it again). So here we are. As always, based on the movies I've seen not the movies I've heard are good and no, I will not be providing explanations for my decisions.

Best Picture: Drive

Best Director: Nicholas Winding Refn for Drive

Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio for J. Edgar

Best Actress: Kristen Dunst for Melancholia

Best Supporting Actor: Albert Brooks for Drive

Best Supporting Actress: Shailene Woodley for The Descendants

Best Original Screenplay: Lars Von Trier for Melancholia

Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash for The Descendants

Best Foreign Language Film: The Troll Hunter

Best Documentary: Tabloid

Best Animated Film: Rango

No comments:

Post a Comment