Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Official 84th Oscars Picks

My computer was in the shop all weekend, hence why this post, which was SUPPOSED to go up Sunday is going up today. Also I should have some pics from Saturday's Emilie Autumn concert (quick version: SO. FUCKING. AWESOME!) up later. But until then: My Oscar Picks:

Best Picture:
Frontrunners: The Artist and The Descendants
Upset: Hugo
My Pick: The Descendants

Best Director:
Frontrunner: Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist
Upset: Alexander Payne for The Descendants 
My Pick: Alexander Payne for The Descendants

Best Actor:
Frontrunner: Jean Dujardin for The Artist
Upset: Brad Pitt for Moneyball
My Pick: George Clooney for The Descendants

Best Actress:
Frontrunner: Viola Davis from The Help
Upset: Glenn Close for Albert Nobbs
My Pick: Viola Davis for The Help (it's the only one I've seen okay?)

Best Supporting Actor:
Frontrunner: Christopher Plummer for Beginners
Upset: Kenneth Branagh for My Week With Marilyn
My Pick: Jonah Hill for Moneyball

Best Supporting Actress:
Frontrunner: Octavia Spencer for The Help
Upset: Bernice Bejo for The Artist
My Pick: Bernice Bejo for The Artist

Best Original Screenplay:
Frontrunner: Midnight in Paris
Upset: The Artist
My Pick: Midnight in Paris

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Frontrunner: The Descendants
Upset: Moneyball
My Pick: The Descendants

Best Foreign Language Film:
Frontrunner: A Seperation
Upset: Footnote
My Pick: I have not seen any of the nominated films.  

Best Animated Film:
Frontrunner: Rango
Upset: Chico and Rita
My Pick: Rango

Best Documentary:
Frontrunner: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Upset: Undefeated
My Pick: None (I haven't seen any of them)

Best Original Score:
Frontrunner: War Horse
Upset: Hugo
My Pick: War Horse

Best Original Song:
Okay this one is cheating, so I'm not gonna announce an upset.
Frontrunner: The Muppets for Man or Muppet

Best Sound Editing:
Frontrunner: War Horse
Upset: Hugo
My Pick: Drive

Best Sound Mixing:
Frontrunner: War Horse
Upset: Hugo
My Pick: Moneyball

Best Art Direction:
Frontrunner: Hugo
Upset: The Artist
My Pick: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Best Cinematography:
Frontrunner: War Horse
Upset: The Tree of Life
My Pick: War Horse

Best Makeup:
Frontrunner: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Upset: Albert Nobbs
My Pick: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Best Costume Design:
Frontrunner: Hugo
Upset: The Artist
My Pick: Anonymous

Best Film Editing:
Frontrunner: Hugo
Upset: The Artist
My Pick: Moneyball

Best Visual Effects:
Frontrunner: Hugo
Upset: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
My Pick: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2   

No comments:

Post a Comment