Sunday, July 29, 2012

A suggestion

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, lack of content. I despise content updates so I only come here when I think I actually have something to say, and wouldn't you know it, there aren't too many movies I feel like seeing right now (still not my job to do so). The next movie I really want to go out of my way to see is The Campaign so you've got some time to wait.

Anyway, I'm actually here to recommend a game: Spec Ops: The Line. I don't want to talk too much about it, since I don't want to spoil it (believe me, it has a couple of fantastically done punch-to-the-gut moments in it), but it's a really well done, extraordinarily dark story. In a lot of ways it's a very well done deconstruction of Modern Warfare type games, forcing you to live the consequences of your actions and see what happens to a mind when it goes through all that, and all of those things are things video games should be exploring. It also has some interesting commentary on the relationship between player and player character (though it still falls short to the number one game in that way: Bioshock. If you've played it you know what I mean...Would you kindly?)

That's it for me. Go play it, especially if you're a 'games as art' type.

No comments:

Post a Comment